Friday, August 22, 2014

Root Abyss Set, Set Effects, And The Giant Pink Bean Chair

Hello Friends,

Welcome back to my blog.

Last week in MapleSEA, the Root Abyss Armours were released in our Gachapon Machines for a week.


I tried to acquire one Thief set for myself (Armours only, the Fafnir weapons is not released yet), because I don't think I could down the Root Abyss Chaos mode Bosses myself, and I do not really want to join a squad and do these regularly - due to time needed, commitment, etc..

Actually, the Fafnir weapons were supposed to be given out to lucky individuals during Hot Time sometime back - but so far, there is no news that anybody have gotten it!!)

By the way, quite a number of players (including myself) keeps saying "Fafnir set", actually "Fafnir" is the weapon, the set is called "Root Abyss set", not Fafnir set - but I guess it doesn't really matter.. a Rose by any other name is still a Rose ("A rose by any other name would smell as sweet." - William Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet)


On the first few days, I tried my luck at the Gachapon machines in Henesys - the supposedly Best Place To Gacha - but I got nothing :(

There were quite a few system mega to congratulate players who have gotten these, and so I thought,  instead of fighting with so many others for a chance to obtain one from Henesys, maybe I should try other towns.



Actually I wished there is an option for us to turn off these Gacha Congratulation messages. I don't really want people to start messaging me asking me if I want to sell this, sell that - Yes, I could turn off whisper, but i might miss important messages from friends and buddies ...

Anyway, I went to Mushroom Shrine to try my luck - back in those days, Mushroom Shrine was the popular choice for players to obtain good and rare items - but still no signs of Root Abyss eqs.

Finally, I tried Kerning City, and that was where I acquired the Thief Helm and Bottom, and a few other RA armours for other jobs. So I traded for the Thief Top to complete my set of Root Abyss armours.



Anyways, all three items ended up with only 2 lines at the Bonus Potential. For now, the stamps to reveal the 3rd line is kinda expensive (3-4b mesos each), so I'll probably wait a while for price to drop, or get them from system events - hopefully there's an additional +10ATT or some useful lines hidden there!

The helm's stats turn out pretty ok, 17 WA (It had a base WA of 3+2).
The Top and Bottom is a bit disappointing- I've gotten a decent WA for the top, but the LUK was reduced by the Chaos Scrolls, although the additional +14 LUK at the Bonus Potential sort of made up for the lost.
The Bottom's stats is not exactly satisfactory too, so I'll probably use Innocent Scrolls on these and redo again next time.

At the moment, I'll just keep them at Unique, waiting for Miracle Cubing events or cube sales before I continue on them.

I am using a Scarlet Dark Slane Claw, so together with Root Abyss armours, I get the full Root Abyss Set Effect. But I lose the 20% damage to Boss from the Meister full set effect, gained 30% from Root Abyss set, so end up I gain about 10% damage to Boss.

I also gained some LUK, DEX, HP, HP% and +50 Weapon Attack !!

Here's the comparison of the 2 set effects :




With these, I lost quite a bit of LUK because my older Armours had higher LUK%, so I probably need to recube these to get the LUK% back.

However, because I've gained quite a bit of WA with these, my Attack Ranged (minimum range values) increased by a bit.

Here's my updated stats now :



And yeah, I've gotten the rare Giant Pink Bean Chair from the Gachapon machines last week too. BUT, IT IS UNTRADABLE :(

I used to be quite an avid chair collector, but have since given up the hobby because there were like new chairs introduced frequently, and I couldn't catch up. I would gladly trade away the Giant Pink Bean Chair for other items or its equivalence if I could.

OK, that's all for this article. Do follow me on FaceBook, if you have not, for more updates and notices of any new Blog articles that I'm going to write.

Thanks for reading.

Have an Enjoyable Journey in Maple Story, and see you guys soon!




1 comment :

  1. hello! this is quite late and a little sudden, but if you don't mind, may i know around how much in total did you spend on trying to get your CRA set?

    mapleSEA seems to be bringing back CRA equips to gachapon, and i would just like to gauge myself around how much cash to buy in my attempt of getting them. XD

    ReplyDelete